What you eat is critical in many ways. You spend hours every day deciding what to cook and eating, and what you decide on ends up giving you the energy you use. Thus, it’s important you pick very carefully.
Here is a short and easy guide:
- No soda or sugary drinks: Only water, tea, coffee and natural juice (made by yourself, most sold have as much sugar as soda).
- No adding extra sugar nor salt: This includes in your coffee, tea, rice, salads, etc. Spices are fine.
- Carbohidrates = Sugar: Avoid bread, pasta, cake, etc, outside of main meals.
- Only toasted or baked, never fried: Avoid also processed foods like mayonnaise, cream, and marmalade. If you want to use oil, use olive oil.
- ‘Light’ food is not good: If you have to go the ‘light’ route, you shouldn’t be eating that food in the first place. Eating moderately is enough.
- No eating after 10pm: If inevitable, drink only water and eat nothing with sugar or fat.
- Tea is a great food replacement: Already ate but feel like binge eating? Drink tea, it’ll keep you busy.
- Sugar peaks (ice cream, cookies, chocolate) once a week: If not possible, keep it to every other day in very small quantities.
- Saturated and trans fats: Check labels when buying products, ideally both are at zero, though it’s rarely possible for all foods.